Monday, August 11, 2014

Waking up in paradise!

   Waking up to the sounds of birds chirping and sweating from being in the sleeping bag while the sun is hitting the tent. If you have camped, you know what I mean. I opened the window to our new front door and I could not believe my eyes. We managed to wake up "on top of the world". We were at 2800 meters of altitude, with an amazing view that led the eyes down the mountain straight to the coast. San Jose del Pacifico, Oaxaca, Mexico was where my brother and I managed to end up. After introductions with everyone that was staying at the hostel and smoking various different joints, we settled in just right. Talking about smoking, it was my first experience with joints that had filters, tobacco, and hash. This small little town of about 200 people is considered one of about 80 "magical" places in Mexico. It is a very mountainous area, with big forest everywhere and trails starting at random points, just off the road. Since I was into trying new things and all, a group of people I met that consisted of 2 Canadians which we very sweet, 1 French really weird kind of "hippie", 3 Americans including myself, and 2 Mexicans, decided to take acid and venture up the mountain to be with "nature". So, up the mountain we went, as we approached the area that was designated base camp, everyone tripping went their separate ways. I am still at base with this dog that followed us up the mountain and out of nowhere, I get this feeling of dog being a guide and he was leading me into the wilderness. The dog sniffing the ground like chasing down a suspect and I still thinking that this acid I took still has not hit me. While walking up I come to find one of the Canadians, very sweet girl so, in touch with nature and seem free spirited. Walking barefoot through the forest, I am noticing poison oak throughout the floor all around us and I ask her, why? She responded with her French accent "take them off and you will see" By that time, I was definitely feeling the acid, when I started to walk I felt like I was walking on clouds! I saw many things that were not making sense as in a stairway into the sky for example. It was a very eye-opening day for sure, I felt so in touch with the earth and at the same time I knew I was tripping. After about three days of just smoking weed, chilling around the whole town and meeting new friends, we decided it was time to go. We headed to the coast, and so did our Canadian friends and one American.

No comments:

Post a Comment