Tuesday, August 12, 2014

On the road again...

   So, my brother (Jorge) and I were offered a ride to the beach we were heading to. Three hours in the back seat of a car that is made for three people is holding five. The ride to the coast was very windy on edges of mountain side and barely enough room for two lanes. Three hours later we arrived to the road that lead to the beach town of Mazunte. About a mile or so before entering this town we told the car to drop us off. Jorge and I had plans to join what others called " a rainbow gathering", we were told that over a hundred people were gathering for a celebration of life, but really we were just interested in camping for free. So, on the side of the road, we entered the dry forest and walked about a mile or so. Up and down hills trying to find signs of people, finally we came up on a old volkswagon hippie van that had a tarp on one side. From the other side of the van we heard someone say "welcome" and a naked girl was washing dishes. "Hello" we answered and continued around the van to find more naked people just lounging around guys and girls. A total shock to us that are not used to groups of people with their dicks hanging out, one of the guy opened up his arms as for a hug and oh my god, that was the cherry on top of a weird experience. needless to say we didn't stay long there, we actually walked to the town and found a space to set up the tent for 1500 pesos for the month, which equals about 115-120 USD. We were out of money down t our last 20 dollars and had to find a source of income immediately to avoid being bums. We actually went down to the beach and had seafood for free by picking it up ourselves, if you are imagining lobsters and fish, I will continue to let you think that. The next day our host of the home we were staying at had asked us for a favor, he asked for one of us to drive him to a town about an hour away were he had to attend an event. Being a the nice person that I am, I offered myself to take him. Our host was gay and he took a liking to me asking very personal and odd questions, I was feeling very uneasy and not comfortable the whole time. We arrived to this massive building were it turns out that this guy was a head coordinator and he had to oversee the whole production of this  contest of miss Oaxaca. Over two hundred people were attending and I stuck out like a sore thumb. This guy was buying me beer after beer after beer trying to get me drunk I suppose. At about 3 of the morning, I was feeling buzzed and had to drive back to the Mazunte. The guy had tried to make a move at me and I clearly let him know that it was not in his best interest to try that again, there wasn't that much talking after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment