Friday, August 8, 2014

January 2014

   In the month of January, I was still employed by one of the biggest companies in San Diego. I was very enthusiastic about my work, I would always be in early in and late out. Many companies like people that help the company grow without employees receiving a cut of the money that is being generated. Sad but true. Anyways after two years of employment I had acquired an injury, that put me out of work for two weeks. After visits to the emergency room and urgent care offices no body was able to help. I had been living in extreme pain for two weeks and I still had to wait for my primary doctor to come in a month later. At that point, I remembered that Tijuana has chiropractors for way less than American chiropractors. So I decided to head down and get my injury taken care of. Immediate relief of pain as soon as this happened I crossed the border back over to San Diego to find out my employer had taken my work van and had relieved me from work due to absence. This sent me on a roller coaster of emotional and mental ups and downs. That night I took a decision that changed my life. I decided I was not going to do anything that did not fulfill my hearts desire. I come from a better off family compared to most Mexican neighbors I had living in Tijuana but, I had to work very hard to earn my house, my truck and car. After I had all the things I thought would make me a happy little normal citizen, I found myself feeling lonely and tired of all the bullshit that comes with it.
   The following morning, I woke up to a bright sun shining through the window, my dog breathing heavily next to my face and feeling free! I packed all my furniture and a few other things onto my truck and took a ride to a thrift store that would receive my goods. I donated all my material belongings in a matter of hours. I packed my truck with clothes and a few other things I couldn't really give up and headed for the border. At this time my truck was not legally allowed to cross into Mexico, so after all this in the morning they sent me back from Mexico to California, not only once but three times.
   Finally, I made it across the border the feeling of freedom was even greater. I went to the only place I knew where to go for a reassuring pat on the back. My brother (childhood friend) was not expecting me at all especially during the day and now I show up in my truck with stuff in the back, so he still doesn't know what is happening. I tell him about the whole situation and he starts giving me these suggestions about how to get my job back. That was the thing, I did not want my job back I wanted to be Happy!
   The day continued into the night of deep conversations and life goals and that is when I realize, I need to escape. I came up with a solution to get me away from everything and go to a place where no one recognizes me and feel the absolute freedom. That night I sold my truck for six hundred USD and the following day me and my brother bought bus tickets to Oaxaca, Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment