Sunday, August 21, 2016

Colombia!

After the road trip, we were tired but upon getting back home, I'm over filled with joy. My passport had arrived! As far as I knew I was ready for the world, a blank passport. My girlfriend at the time was excited about going to south America, we agreed to fly to colombia. From chaos of LAX to depressing humidity in fort Lauderdale, Florida. The last stretch of flying, keep in mind this is my first time flying, I was ecstatic! From Florida we switched airplanes to an airline that was minimum. Really small, enough room to just sit, no sleeping on this thing. As we approach cartagena, colombia I see the airplane shaking a bit. I'm very observant so I caught it really but on landing the aircraft at a high speed the airplane started shaking left and right. I was like " please god or whatever, make it quick" when the plane came to a halt. Everyone started clapping and cheering, I was just in awe, thinking everyone was on a roller coaster of death. My feet touched Colombian soil, probably the first in my family tree to step foot there. Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment